Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went to Amsterdam which was the best trip I've ever taken so far!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I make 1000 resolutions every year and I never keep them. I started off last year by making resolutions but that didn't go so well so instead I ended up making a 101 in 1001 list mid January and I've been doing well ticking things off that list. I will have to move that over from my LJ and post it on here.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Three friends. And many more found out they were pregnant.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
The Netherlands.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A baby.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I found out that I will most likely not be able to have a baby with my husband.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a promotion.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing touch with friends because I got too wrapped up with my own issues. I plan on changing that for 2010.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mild PCOS. Does that count? The doctor did tell me that I MUST change my eating habits and start exercising more because I'm close to being prediabetic.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Kindle. LOVE IT.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband's. He has been a rock through this infertility process and he's the one who should be more upset and need comforting. Instead I'm the one wailing about the end of the world and he's comforting me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jon and Kate. But mostly Jon. Also, those parents of the Balloon Boy. I have a list as long as my arm really but a) we'd be here all night and b)I'd start to get upset at the horrible people that are out there.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, bills, BORING stuff like that.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My SIL getting engaged. My trip to Amsterdam.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Pretty much any song on the Glee soundtrack but I guess Don't Stop Believing. I must have listened to that a million times!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Sadder, fatter and poorer. Yikes. For the second year in a row! I have got to do something about this. Am I the saddest sack on the planet? Don't answer. I know I'm not. Must stop wallowing in self pity. Also, must stop typing as if I'm living Bridget Jones's Diary.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. GET OUT IN THE WORLD instead of sitting on Facebook all freaking day.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. I think I'm going to start to get worry lines!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my family.
Christmas Day with my husband's (oh, that's going to get tedious. Let's call him A) dad's family.
Christmas 2 Days Later with A's mom's side of the family at our house. This is the second Christmas I've hosted and I love it! It's so fun even if there is stress in the preparation stages.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Stayed in love. Also fell even more in love with men who will never return my affections like Anderson Cooper and Neil Patrick Harris.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh there are too many to count. You don't even want to see my DVR. It's always recording something. Love Glee, Mad Men, How I Met Your Mother, Amazing Race, Community, The Office, Big Love (which is coming back soon!!!), True Blood... oh gosh I could go on for hours.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

24. What was the best book you read?
Oh - do I have to pick one? The one I've recommended most to people is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Are you looking for a light, easy read with characters you can fall in love with and wish you could be part of their lives? This is it! Read it now.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The National. Oh my God, a hundred times over. The National. I love them. We saw them at All Points West this year and I love them so much. I can't get over how awesome their music is. And the lead singer is so amazing. If you saw a picture, you wouldn't be impressed but the man has stage presence!

26. What did you want and get?
A Kindle. My new David Yurman ring that A got me for Christmas. LOVE.

27. What did you want and not get?
A baby. (Man, does this get repetitive. I want to shut myself up.)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm... I think I only saw one movie in the theater this year and that was Julie and Julia. As with the books, I was not impressed with the Julie side but LOVED the Julia side. Oh wait, we saw Star Trek too. That was pretty good, too. I'm not a huge Star Trek fan but it was enjoyable.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 and celebrated with dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant with A and the most amazing tres leches cake you've ever had. YUM.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Does anyone want to guess my answer to this?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Whatever would fit my ever expanding ass.

32. What kept you sane?
A. Caffeine. Chocolate. My friends and family.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh this is hard to pick. You've got my favs like Anderson Cooper and NPH. But then you've got the guy from The National. Also, John Krasinski!! Hello! Isn't it enough that I had to pick one man to settle down with? Don't make me play favorites with my imaginary boyfriends!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage.

35. Who did you miss?
No one springs to mind. If I missed someone, I made an effort to do something about it this year.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't really meet anyone new that I became friends with. I am thrilled with the table of people we sat with at the wedding we went to in FL that made it the most fun wedding ever!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
It doesn't matter what you had planned and how it didn't work out like you wanted it too. Life is going to go on without you and you just have to pick yourself up and move with it.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I know it's an old song but:
I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company

I never thought you were a fool
But darling, look at you
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere, baby

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it
-U2

No comments:

Post a Comment